Thursday, February 5, 2009

Mixed Media Textiles





















Here is the finished piece I have been working on today. I started with a fabulous fabric base that my mum had sent over to me here. She has made a really cool/quirky skirt out of it and thought I'd like the scraps. Then I covered some self-covered buttons with a selection of different fabrics, one of which I had screen printed. I used felt for the hearts because it doesn't fray and added a few sequins, small beads and hand stitching. The big orange heart with diamante on it is a fun buckle that has been sitting in my craft stash for ages. I've just been waiting for the right project to use it on. I framed the fabric in an ornate looking black frame that has a bit of red raspberry colour coming through. Not bad for an afternoon of playing around!






Now to find a place to put it???






No comments: